All About Doxies
Are Doxies a good breed for you? We encourage you to visit the Dog Time website to learn all about the breed by clicking here.
As much as we want to take home every puppy we encounter, there are a lot of things you have to think about before taking the plunge into puppy ownership. Having a dog is a huge responsibility, and one that shouldn’t be taken lightly. When you get a dog, you get their unconditional love and snuggles, but you’re also making a commitment to your pet that it will be well cared for—that it will never end up on the streets, in a shelter, or with people who can’t care for it. If you’re considering getting a dog, ask yourself these questions first:
- Does your lease allow you to have a pet?
- Can you afford to have a dog?
- Do you really want a puppy?
- Do you have time and availability for a puppy?
- Do you travel too much for a dog?
- Is your home puppy-proffable?
- Are you allergic?
- Do the people who live with you also want a dog?
- Are you physically able and willing?
Owning a dog is a lifetime commitment. Animals develop deep bonds with you and your family. Any change in ownership can be extremely traumatic, so you should be prepared for the responsibility involved in dog ownership.